Based in Qualicum Beach, BC, Canada
Pistol Whip is an unstoppable action-rhythm FPS. Journey through a cinematic bullet hell powered by a breakneck soundtrack to become the ultimate action hero legend.
Inspired by God-mode action movies like John Wick and Equilibrium, Pistol Whip throws you gun-first into an explosive batch of hand-crafted action scenes each set to their own breakneck soundtrack. But unlike traditional music games, Pistol Whip has no line in the sand; you have complete freedom to shoot, melee, and dodge targets to the rhythm YOU see fit.
- Pair the pulse-pounding pace of an FPS with the flow-state energy of a music game in a cinematic symphony of violence.
- Form your rhythm and find your playstyle, from tactical to musical, then challenge your skill with friends and world leaderboards.
- Infiltrate a fever dream of hand-crafted scenes, from bank heists to android uprisings, each uniquely designed to music.
- Take it over-the-top with a variety of gameplay mods, such as Dual Wield, to enable the ultimate gun kata experience.
- Constant momentum and comfort-first design allows non-stop speed without the fear of motion sickness.
- Featuring EDM artists from Kannibalen Records, including Apashe, HVDES, and Black Tiger Sex Machine; with more to come...
Launch Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "International Mobile Gaming Awards 2020" Nominee - People's Choice Award
- "D.I.C.E. Awards 2020" Winner - Immersive Reality Game of the year
- "D.I.C.E. Awards 2020" Finalist - Immersive Reality Technical Achievement
- "Game Developer's Choice Awards 2020" Finalist - Best VR/AR Game
- "UploadVR's Best VR of 2019 Awards" Nominee - Best Quest Game/Experience
- "UploadVR's Best VR of 2019 Awards" Nominee - Best PC VR Game/Experience
- "UploadVR's Best VR of 2019 Awards" Nominee - Most Immersive Moment
- "UploadVR's Best VR of 2019 Awards" Nominee - Most Active VR Game/Experience
- "UploadVR's Best VR of 2019 Awards" Nominee - Overall Best VR of 2019
- "Road to VR's 2019 Game of the Year Awards" Winner - SteamVR Game of the Year
- "VR Fitness Insider's VR Fitness Awards 2019" Winner - Best New VR Fitness Game of the Year
- "VR Fitness Insider's VR Fitness Awards 2019" Winner - Best Action VR Fitness Game of the Year
- "VRGear's Best VR Games of the Decade" Top 10
- "Polygon's 50 Best Games of 2019" #50
- "Gamespot's Best VR Games of 2019" Top 5
- "Forbes' Top Ten VR Games of 2019" Top 10
- "VRFocus' Best Oculus Quest Games of 2019" Top 10
- "VRFocus' Best Oculus Rift Games of 2019" Top 10
- "GameRant's Top 10 Virtual Reality Games of 2019" Top 10
- "Eurogamer's Favourite Games of 2019" Ian Higton's Top 5
- "Giant Bomb's Top 10 Games of 2019" Mike Drucker's Top 10, Kahlief Adams' Top 10, Will Smith's Top 12
- "One of the most intense, immediately gratifying action experiences of 2019"
- Ben Kechura, Polygon
- "This is the best VR game right now"
- Markiplier, YouTube
- "No VR game is as exciting or makes you feel as cool"
- Mat Paget, Gamespot
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
Game Profile http:.
Company Profile http:.
Official Discord http:.
About Cloudhead Games
Cloudhead is the veteran VR studio behind the fantasy adventure trilogy The Gallery, winner of over 30 awards and nominations including ‘VR Game of the Year’ in 2018. Most recently, Cloudhead partnered with industry-legend Valve to create Aperture Hand Lab, a humorous tech demo set in the Portal Universe, for the next-gen Valve Index. Always innovating, Cloudhead Games is best known for their early solutions in VR locomotion/comfort with "Snap Turns" and "Teleportation", as well as VR motion capture and hand interactions.
More information on Cloudhead Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.