Based in Qualicum Beach, BC, Canada
November 7, 2019
Pistol Whip is an unstoppable VR action-rhythm FPS. Journey through a cinematic bullet hell powered by a breakneck soundtrack to become the ultimate action hero legend.
Inspired by revered action movies like John Wick and Equilibrium, Pistol Whip stylishly dovetails the pulse-pounding energy of a rhythm game with explosive first-person shooter gameplay. Journey through a cinematic bullet hell powered by a breakneck soundtrack to become the ultimate action hero.
- Infiltrate a fever dream of hand-crafted scenes, from bank heists to android uprisings, each uniquely designed to music.
- Take it over-the-top with a variety of gameplay mods, such as Dual Wield, to enable the ultimate gun kata experience.
- Constant momentum and comfort-first design allows non-stop speed without the fear of motion sickness.
- Featuring music from Magic Sword and Seeking Blue, along with artists from Kannibalen Records, including HVDES, Black Tiger Sex Machine, and more...
Everything New in Pistol Whip YouTube
Smoke and Thunder - Launch Teaser YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "NYX Game Awards 2021" Winner - PC Game (AR/VR Game)
- "Webby Awards 2021" Honoree - Technical Achievement (Games)
- "VR Fitness Awards 2020" Winner - Action VR Fitness Game of the Year
- "SXSW Gaming Award 2020" Nominee - XR Game of the Year
- "PSVR Without Parole Awards 2020" Nominee - PSVR Game of the Year
- "VR Awards 2020" Finalist - VR Game of the Year
- "International Mobile Gaming Awards 2020" Nominee - People's Choice Award
- "D.I.C.E. Awards 2020" Winner - Immersive Reality Game of the year
- "D.I.C.E. Awards 2020" Finalist - Immersive Reality Technical Achievement
- "Game Developer's Choice Awards 2020" Finalist - Best VR/AR Game
- "UploadVR's Best VR of 2019 Awards" Nominee - Best Quest Game/Experience
- "UploadVR's Best VR of 2019 Awards" Nominee - Best PC VR Game/Experience
- "UploadVR's Best VR of 2019 Awards" Nominee - Most Immersive Moment
- "UploadVR's Best VR of 2019 Awards" Nominee - Most Active VR Game/Experience
- "UploadVR's Best VR of 2019 Awards" Nominee - Overall Best VR of 2019
- "Road to VR's 2019 Game of the Year Awards" Winner - SteamVR Game of the Year
- "VR Fitness Insider's VR Fitness Awards 2019" Winner - Best New VR Fitness Game of the Year
- "VR Fitness Insider's VR Fitness Awards 2019" Winner - Best Action VR Fitness Game of the Year
- "VRGear's Best VR Games of the Decade" Top 10
- "Polygon's 50 Best Games of 2019" #50
- "Gamespot's Best VR Games of 2019" Top 5
- "Forbes' Top Ten VR Games of 2019" Top 10
- "VRFocus' Best Oculus Quest Games of 2019" Top 10
- "VRFocus' Best Oculus Rift Games of 2019" Top 10
- "GameRant's Top 10 Virtual Reality Games of 2019" Top 10
- "Eurogamer's Favourite Games of 2019" Ian Higton's Top 5
- "Giant Bomb's Top 10 Games of 2019" Mike Drucker's Top 10, Kahlief Adams' Top 10, Will Smith's Top 12
- "One of the most intense, immediately gratifying action experiences of 2019"
- Ben Kechura, Polygon
- "This is the best VR game right now"
- Markiplier, YouTube
- "No VR game is as exciting or makes you feel as cool"
- Mat Paget, Gamespot
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
Game Profile http:.
Company Profile http:.
Official Discord https:.
About Cloudhead Games
Cloudhead Games is the veteran VR studio behind Pistol Whip, VR "Game of the Year" winner at DICE 2020, and the fantasy adventure trilogy The Gallery, winner of over 30 awards and nominations including "VR Game of the Year'' in 2018. Before Pistol Whip, Cloudhead collaborated with industry-legend Valve to create Aperture Hand Lab, a humorous tech demo set in the Portal universe, for the next-gen Valve Index. Always innovating, Cloudhead Games is also known for its early solutions in VR locomotion/comfort with "Snap Turns" and "Teleportation,” as well as VR motion capture and hand interactions.
More information on Cloudhead Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.