Based in Qualicum Beach, BC, Canada
Press / Business contact:
Cloudhead is the veteran VR studio behind the fantasy adventure trilogy The Gallery, winner of over 30 awards and nominations including ‘VR Game of the Year’ in 2018. Most recently, Cloudhead partnered with industry-legend Valve to create Aperture Hand Lab, a humorous tech demo set in the Portal Universe, for the next-gen Valve Index. Always innovating, Cloudhead Games is best known for their early solutions in VR locomotion/comfort with "Snap Turns" and "Teleportation", as well as VR motion capture and hand interactions.
Cloudhead has been developing in VR since late 2012, before a successful Kickstarter campaign in the spring of 2013 gave them the mandate to create the first ever announced, built-for-VR game, previously known as The Gallery: Six Elements. Cloudhead grew into a diverse team of pioneers drawing from many different backgrounds, from AAA game studios like Bioware, Riot and Relic, to tabletop RPG creators like Worldworks Games.Since then
As pioneers in virtual reality, Cloudhead has partnered with industry leaders to produce built-for-VR experiences. Their proprietary, cross-platform tool set; and advances in VR research continue to push the boundaries of virtual reality development. The first episode of The Gallery, titled Call of the Starseed, released as a launch title for the HTC Vive in April 2016 to critical acclaim.
This is Real - Cloudhead Games YouTube
Cloudhead Games - Blink VR Locomotion YouTube
There are far more images available for Cloudhead Games, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "UploadVR Best of VR Awards 2019" - Winner - Developer of the Year
- "Technology Impact Awards 2018" - Nominee - Startup of the Year
- "UploadVR Awards 2017" - Nominee - Best Developer of the Year
- "UploadVR Awards 2016" - Nominee - Breakout VR Game Studio
- "Canadian Video Game Awards 2016" - Nominee - Best Debut Game
- "TIGA Games Industry Award 2016" - Nominee - Best Debut Game
- "What Cloudhead Games have accomplished here is such a rare and delightful balance between a mysterious narrative and a world ripe for discovery and exploration that it’s truly difficult to really describe."
- David Jagneaux, Upload VR
- "Cloudhead Games was instrumental in developing some of the inner workings of the systems — locomotion, motion control and performance capture — that are now industry standard in VR."
- Francois Marchand, Vancouver Sun
- "Cloudhead Games is an invaluable source of wisdom in VR locomotion."
- Kevin Carbotte, Toms Hardware
Company Linkedin page https:.
Team & Repeating Collaborator
CEO and Creative Director
Business Development and Communications