Based in Qualicum Beach, BC, Canada
Press / Business contact:
Cloudhead Games is the veteran VR studio behind Pistol Whip, VR "Game of the Year" winner at DICE 2020, and the fantasy adventure trilogy The Gallery, winner of over 30 awards and nominations including "VR Game of the Year'' in 2018. Before Pistol Whip, Cloudhead collaborated with industry-legend Valve to create Aperture Hand Lab, a humorous tech demo set in the Portal universe, for the next-gen Valve Index. Always innovating, Cloudhead Games is also known for its early solutions in VR locomotion/comfort with "Snap Turns" and "Teleportation,” as well as VR motion capture and hand interactions.
Cloudhead has been developing in VR since late 2012 when a successful Kickstarter campaign gave them the mandate to create the first-ever-announced built-for-VR game (previously known as The Gallery: Six Elements). Cloudhead grew into a diverse team of pioneers drawing from a breadth of backgrounds, from AAA game studios like Bioware, Riot, and Relic; to tabletop RPG creators like Worldworks Games. The first episode of The Gallery, "Call of the Starseed," launched for the HTC Vive in April 2016 to critical acclaim.Since then
As pioneers in virtual reality, Cloudhead has partnered with industry leaders to produce built-for-VR experiences and demonstrate the latest bleeding-edge hardware. With a cumulation of knowledge and learnings spanning nearly a decade of consumer VR, Cloudhead released VR smash hit Pistol Whip in 2019 and has since continued to support the game with live-service features and new content, continually re-imagining the experience by pushing the boundaries of its genre-defining action-rhythm FPS. Click a Project below to view individual game assets.
This is Real - Cloudhead Games YouTube
Cloudhead Games - Blink VR Locomotion YouTube
There are far more images available for Cloudhead Games, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "UploadVR Best of VR Awards 2019" - Winner - Developer of the Year
- "Technology Impact Awards 2018" - Nominee - Startup of the Year
- "UploadVR Awards 2017" - Nominee - Best Developer of the Year
- "UploadVR Awards 2016" - Nominee - Breakout VR Game Studio
- "Canadian Video Game Awards 2016" - Nominee - Best Debut Game
- "TIGA Games Industry Award 2016" - Nominee - Best Debut Game
- "What Cloudhead Games have accomplished here is such a rare and delightful balance between a mysterious narrative and a world ripe for discovery and exploration that it’s truly difficult to really describe."
- David Jagneaux, Upload VR
- "Cloudhead Games was instrumental in developing some of the inner workings of the systems — locomotion, motion control and performance capture — that are now industry standard in VR."
- Francois Marchand, Vancouver Sun
- "Cloudhead Games is an invaluable source of wisdom in VR locomotion."
- Kevin Carbotte, Toms Hardware
Team & Repeating Collaborator
CEO and Co-Founder
Chief Business Officer