By using the Game, you are expressing your agreement to this Policy and the processing of your data, including your personal information, in the manner provided in this Policy. If you do not agree to these terms, please do not use the Game.
Information Collection and Use
Cloudhead may collect information as described below. Cloudhead’s primary goals in collecting and using any information is to improve the Game, your user experience and games we may make in the future, contact you, conduct research and create reports for our internal use. We store some information on servers located in the United States via Google Drive and may from time to time store information on other servers and equipment outside of Canada, including in the United States or other countries.
Collection and Use of Game Analytics Data
If you connect to the Internet when using the Game, we may receive information from hardware manufacturers or platform hosts (such as HTC or Valve) and may automatically collect certain information from your computer or gaming unit. This information may include, but is not limited to, user IDs (such as gamer tags and screen names), game scores, game achievements, game performance, locations visited, hardware MAC address, internet protocol address, and your usage of various game features. All information collected by us is intended to be anonymous information that does not disclose your identity or constitute personal information, however, if you include personal information (such as your real name) in your user ID used with our platform hosts, then such personal information may automatically be transmitted to Licensor and used as described herein. The information that is collected and/or provided to us by hardware manufacturers or platform hosts is useful to us for troubleshooting, improving the Game and your user experience and helps us understand usage trends. This information may be associated with your IP address or user ID for the purpose of providing you services or support in connection with the Game.
We may collect your email address when you contact our customer service group and we may use that email address to contact you about your gaming experience with Cloudhead and notify you about company news and promotions. If you no longer wish to receive certain email notifications you may opt-out at any time by following the unsubscribe link located at the bottom of each communication or by emailing us at email@example.com.
We may occasionally send you game updates, patches and related push notifications that may be of importance to you. If you do not wish to receive these types of updates, patches and notifications you should discontinue use of the Game or disconnect your computer or device from the Internet.
How We Use Information
We may use information collected through the Game or provided to us by hardware manufacturers and platform hosts for the purposes described in this Policy or disclosed to you in connection with the Game. For example, we may use your information to:
- operate and improve the Game and future games we may make;
- understand you and your preferences to enhance your experience and enjoyment using the Game;
- respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- provide and deliver products and services you request;
- send you related information, including confirmations, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages; and
- link or combine it with other information we get from third parties and other users of the Game, to help understand your preferences and provide you with better services.
Disclosure of Your information
Cloudhead does not share your personal information (to the extent it is in possession of any) except as approved by you or as described below:
- Cloudhead may engage other companies and individuals to perform services on our behalf. Example of these services include analyzing data and providing customer support. These agents and service providers may have access to your personal information in connection with the performance of services for Cloudhead;
- We may release your information as permitted by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or when we believe that release is appropriate to comply with the law; investigate fraud, respond to a government request, enforce or apply our rights; or protect the rights, property, or safety of us or our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection;
- Cloudhead may share your information in connection with any merger, sale of our assets, or a financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company. You will be notified via a notice on our site of any change in ownership of Cloudhead or our business; and
- We may share aggregate or anonymous information about you with hardware manufacturers, platform hosts, publishers, business partners, and other third parties, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
Changes to the Policy
Cloudhead takes reasonable measures to protect your information from unauthorized access or against loss, misuse or alteration by third parties.
Although we make good faith efforts to store the information collected on in relation to the Game in a secure operating environment that is not available to the public, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of that information during its transmission or its storage on our systems. Further, while we attempt to ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third-party “hackers” from illegally obtaining access to this information. We do not warrant or represent that your information will be protected against, loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Access and Accuracy
Cloudhead will use commercially reasonable efforts to provide access to your personally identifiable information (to the extent we are in possession of any) if you request such access in writing submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. Unless otherwise required under applicable law, Cloudhead reserves the right to deny access to your personally identifiable information:
- when such denial of access is required by law;
- when granting you access is reasonably likely to negatively impact other people’s privacy;
- when such access is cost prohibitive; or
- when such requests are frivolous or made in bad faith.
If you believe that the personally identifiable information maintained by Cloudhead about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you may notify Cloudhead in writing describing in details any inaccuracies or omissions, submitted to email@example.com. Following receipt of such a properly submitted written notice, Cloudhead will, within a reasonable time period, use commercially reasonable efforts to, in its sole discretion, either: (a) amend or correct your personally identifiable information to reflect corrected or additional information provided by you, or (b) in connection with your personally identifiable information, make note of any claimed inaccuracies or omissions reflected in the notice submitted by you.
The data and information that we collect will be stored and maintained by Cloudhead until you instruct us otherwise, or, in our sole discretion, for the longer of: (a) for so long as is necessary or appropriate to carry out the purpose(s) for which such information was collected and (b) for so long as we are required to maintain such information by law or other applicable rules or regulations and your consent to such purposes remains valid after termination of our relationship with you.
Our Policy Regarding Children
Cloudhead recognizes the privacy interests of children and we encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s use of the Game. This Game is not intended for children under the age of 13. Cloudhead does not target its services or the Game to children under the age of 13. Cloudhead does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will delete such information from our files within a reasonable time.
We may transfer information that we collect about you to affiliated entities, or to other third parties across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. Please note that these countries and jurisdictions may not have the same data protection laws as your own jurisdiction, and you consent to the transfer of information to the U.S. and the use and disclosure of information about you, including personal information, as described in this Policy.
CLOUDHEAD GAMES LTD.
Attn: Privacy Coordinator
1719 Miama Crt
Qualicum Beach, BC
Last Update February 3, 2016.