Based in Qualicum Beach, BC, Canada
October 18, 2017
After following your sister Elsie to the world of Ember, you discover the remnants of a destroyed civilization, torn apart by two siblings and their individual quests for power. Along the way you meet a mountainous ally who, like you, is looking for their other half. Using the Gauntlet, a mysterious new power capable of manipulating energy, you must unravel the history of this forgotten place, and reveal the true intentions of the dark figure who sent you here.
Continue your epic journey through the Starseed to the distant planet of Ember, in this highly-anticipated sequel to Call of the Starseed, the VR adventure that started it all.
- Unravel the dark past of a forgotten world inspired by classic 80’s fantasy, including Labyrinth and The Dark Crystal
- Control impossible technologies with The Gauntlet, a mysterious relic imbued with telekinetic power
- Unlock history with a world of new puzzles designed to take full advantage of the physicality and precision hand-tracking only possible with virtual reality
- Come face-to-face with a mountainous ally and bizarre alien creatures in stunning roomscale presence
- Experience the best in VR sound with captivating spatial audio and a brand new Original Soundtrack by award-winning composer Jeremy Soule
- Immerse yourself in a lovingly polished world of fantasy; with multiple hours of gameplay, story, and wonder in this elaborate sequel
- Experimental locomotion modes allow users to uniquely tailor their VR journey
Launch Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Winner 2018 Viveport Developer Awards" Best Entertainment Experience
- "Winner 2018 Cinequest Awards" Best Episodic Game
- "Nomination 2017 UploadVR Awards" Best Oculus Rift Game
- "Nomination 2017 UploadVR Awards" Best HTC Vive Game
- "Nomination 2017 UploadVR Awards" Best Overall VR Game of the Year
- "Nomination 2017 UploadVR Awards" Best Visuals
- "Nomination 2017 UploadVR Awards" Best Developer of the Year
- "Road to VR Best of 2017" Top 5 Oculus Rift Game
- "Road to VR Best of 2017" Top 5 HTC Vive Game
- "Cloudhead has put in the hours producing a visually and emotionally adept story"
- Scott Hayden, Road to VR
- "[Heart of the Emberstone] does a fantastic job of breaking away from the stigma of short, proof-of-concept VR titles to deliver a quality narrative experience that’s a must-have for any fan of the genre."
- Christopher Atwood, GameCrate
- "[Heart of the Emberstone has] evolved to meet our heightened expectations of the second year of VR content, and yet again left us begging for more."
- Jamie Feltham, UploadVR
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
The Gallery Kickstarter
The Kickstarter for the original project "The Gallery: Six Elements," now known as simply "The Gallery." kickstarter.com.
Call of the Starseed retrospective
Development retrospective on Gamasutra gamasutra.com.
About Cloudhead Games
Cloudhead Games is an award-winning virtual reality development studio with a deep foundation in cinematic gaming. Through years of research and development, Cloudhead is a leader in VR with innovative solutions that help define industry standards.
More information on Cloudhead Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
The Gallery - Episode 2: Heart of the Emberstone Credits
Business Development and Communications