Based in Qualicum Beach, BC, Canada
5 April, 2016 (HTC Vive), 6 December, 2016 (Oculus Touch)
A strange message left by your mischievous twin sister, Elsie, will draw you into a mysterious journey filled with bizarre characters, a sinister presence and awe inspiring adventure. Along the way, you will be assisted by a helpful yet unhinged Professor who may harbor ulterior motives of his own. Your search for Elsie will lead you to a cosmic machine that wields incredible power and it will test your will against the forces of a shadowy figure who resides within it. The Gallery is an episodic, fantasy exploration game built for virtual reality, inspired by the mystery of dark 80’s fantasy adventure films.
Call of the Starseed began after a humble Kickstarter campaign granted Cloudhead the opportunity to begin working on the first ever announced built-for-vr game, now known as The Gallery. Cloudhead's innovations in motion capture and breakthroughs in locomotion lead to the release of The Gallery's first episode, Call of the Starseed, to critical acclaim.
- Become the hero and experience a deeply immersive adventure inspired by the dark 80’s fantasy films we know and love.
- Enjoy groundbreaking gameplay designed specifically for VR with a full-room scale support experience, 1:1 hand tracking, and made for VR interactions that will have you moving, sitting, standing. crawling, and spiraling.
- Challenge your wit and curiosity solving puzzles and diving into detailed worlds; looking in, under, over and around every nook and cranny.
- Traverse through mysterious environments with comfort and ease, using Cloudhead’s dynamically scaling BLINK locomotion system.
- Cutting edge positional audio and spellbinding soundtrack by award winning composer Jeremy Soule.
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Winner 2017 Cinequest Awards" Best Game
- "Winner 2016 UploadVR Awards" Best Narrative
- "Nomination 2016 UploadVR Awards" Breakout VR Game Studio
- "Nomination 2016 UploadVR Awards" Best VR Game of the Year
- "Nomination 2016 UploadVR Awards" Most Innovative VR Game
- "Nomination 2016 UploadVR Awards" Best Vive Game
- "Nomination 2016 UploadVR Awards" Best Music/Sound Design
- "Winner 2016 Canadian Video Game Awards" Best Narrative
- "Winner 2016 Canadian Video Game Awards" Best Technology
- "Winner 2016 Canadian Video Game Awards" Best Game Innovation
- "Nomination 2016 Canadian Video Game Awards" Best Performance
- "Nomination 2016 Canadian Video Game Awards" Best Indie Game
- "Nomination 2016 Canadian Video Game Awards" Best Debut Game
- "Nomination 2016 Canadian Video Game Awards" Best Audio
- "Nomination 2016 Destructoid Awards" Best VR Game
- "Nomination 2016 TIGA Games Industry Award" Best Debut Game
- "Winner 2016 Proto Awards" Best Narrative
- "Winner 2016 Proto Awards" Best Narrative
- "Nomination 2016 Proto Awards" Best Game
- "Nomination 2016 TIGA Games Industry Awards" Best Debut Game
- "Winner 2015 Proto Awards" Most Transportive
- "Winner 2014 Proto Awards" Best Sound Design
- "Nominated 2014 Proto Awards" Best Gameplay
- "Runner-up 2015 Unity Awards" Creative Category - HTC Vive
- "...by the end I was literally awe struck standing in the middle of my living room, mouth agape, desperately wishing for more."
- David Jagneaux, Upload VR
- "...it’s just as much about the thrill of using two hands to perform intuitive actions, like holding a flickering candle up in near darkness to tease the mysteries from a hand-scrawled note."
- Matt Peckham, Time Magazine
- "Really shows off what an adventure game can be in VR."
- Ben Kechura, Polygon
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
The Gallery Kickstarter
The Kickstarter for the original project "The Gallery: Six Elements," now known as simply "The Gallery." kickstarter.com.
Call of the Starseed retrospective
Development retrospective on Gamasutra gamasutra.com.
About Cloudhead Games
Cloudhead Games is an award-winning virtual reality development studio with a deep foundation in cinematic gaming. Through years of research and development, Cloudhead is a leader in VR with innovative solutions that help define industry standards.
More information on Cloudhead Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
The Gallery - Episode 1: Call of the Starseed Credits
Lead Level Designer